Hiring a writing coach for one-on-one coaching makes sense. Sometimes your timetable doesn’t work with a class, or don’t like sharing your work with others. Most people chose a writing coach because they want one-on-one attention. That’s where one-on-one coaching comes in.
Before you decide to hire us, and before we decide to work with you, there are a few steps to take.
- We ask that you email us and let us know you’re interested. Then we’ll ask you to send us about 500 words from somewhere in the middle of your manuscript (MS). We will do a quick edit on it and send it back to you with edits and notes on how to improve and why certain things were changed.
- From there we both decide if we want to work with each other. If we do, that’s great!
- After that we go on to the contract stage. Always Write/Artistic Warrior (AW) has a contract we use for all our coaching and editing clients. It protects you and your work, as well us us.
Each package requires a non-refundable retainer. All retainers must be sent via Interac at the time of signing the contract
- We do this because of AW’s past experiences. Many writers will go through the trouble of doing all of this, have one session and then lose their motivation. It’s more motivating when your hard earned cash is non-refundable. You bought it, might as well use it!
- Plus, we value our time. When we book space for you and you don’t show up or send in MS samples, that takes up space another client could have used.
Once the contract is signed, the fun begins. We have two options for you to choose from.
Basic Writing Coach Package
Our basic package starts at $500 (5.5 hours) This is paid up front as a non-refundable retainer. It includes:
- a half hour initial meet (after we agree to work with each other) to find out more about you, your project, your goals and hoped-for outcomes.
- four, half hour editing blocks where your coach goes through parts of your manuscripts (MS.) This is to find your most common errors and habits. The coach also looks at assignments (if any) that you’ve done.
- each edit session is followed up with an email of the edited version and a half hour Zoom or phone meeting.
- When your retainer is used up you may opt to continue on at our hourly rate. At that point, you will be billed either monthly or bi-weekly, depending on the time spent on the coaching/editing sessions.
Twelve Tutoring Hours
Twelve guaranteed hours of editing/coaching/critique and nagging for one low price!
Twelve hours of one-on-one private coaching usually runs around $1320. We’ve added in a generous discount for those who purchase the full 12 hours. Your cost is $1100 for the full 12 hours of mentoring/coaching. (plus GST)
This package requires a 50% (non-refundable) retainer and a contract.
What you get:
Four hours of one-on-one personalized coaching for your manuscript. It could be at the very beginning for helping create an outline and a story, or after you’ve written your manuscript, or everything in between.
An additional four hours of editing with critique and feedback. Learn your mistakes and how to fix them yourself.
Four hours of assistance with layout and navigating the world of KDP Amazon.
Mix and Match Your Experience with Your Writing Coach
Receive 12 hours of instruction/editing/coaching/mentoring and technical advise. It can be as above or mixed and matched, or should you prefer, less technical (Amazon and layout) assistance and more editing, critique and coaching. Or perhaps you simply want someone to walk with you through the creation of your novel.
Either way you get 12 hours of personalized attention for you and your manuscript.
Before You Decide
We prefer to speak to you before you sign up our one-on-one coaching. We know you have questions and we are here to answer them.
Please email us and we’ll set up a phone or Zoom meet-up to discuss your needs.
Once you’re ready to publish, make sure you contact Artistic Warrior for team publishing at its finest.