Darcy has written for several great periodicals over the years. From the early beginnings with Okanagan Business Examiner and the Grower’s Journal, to being editor of Field to Plate (which later became FarmFolk CityFolk) and being editor of the Westside Weekly Newspaper. There are some great magazines out there who hired Darcy to tell their stories, such as Cottage Life and Okanagan Life. She’s also written for online magazines like RV on the Go. While her name may not be on them, her style is very apparent. Today she writes mostly for Black Press Magazines that are distributed throughout British Columbia.
Darcy writes for several publications in print and online throughout British Columbia.
- Boulevard Magazine is the kind of glossy magazine your can lose yourself in for a while. It’s informative, entertaining, and keeps you up to date on what is happening. Stories focus on high-end homes, fashion, arts, food, people and design in the area. Darcy writes for all three locations: Okanagan, Central Island and at times, Victoria, and loves top travel to get the story.
- West Shore Life + Style – a great community magazine. Lots of great information on what’s happening in the West Shore Communities outside of Victoria proper. Even my dogs got into one of their editions! (page 45 – Maggie and Jackson)
- SOAR is Pacific Coastal Airlines in flight magazine. Darcy loves visiting all the great communities that Pacific Coastal Airlines services. The bonus is meeting all the great people she gets to write about!
- InFlight is Central Mountain Air’s in flight magazine. Food, arts, culture and other fun things for people to do in cities that CMA services. Always an adventure when writing for them.
- Pearl Magazine is for the find folks in Saanich and Sidney. Darcy has met some wonderful artists, business people, and boat builders, and had some very interesting conversations out there. It’s magazines like this that keep communities connected.
Other Periodicals and Publications
From time to time Darcy is asked to write for other periodicals. These include:
- The Connector is Wilson’s on the bus magazine. Darcy wrote quite a few articles for them including their food pieces, historical walks and funky places in Victoria and Vancouver.
- Tweed Magazine, Oak Bay’s Life and Style Magazine.
- YLW Connection Magazine was once owned and operated by Accelerate Communications. Darcy wrote several storeis over the years, everything from loving Winnipeg to sightseeing in Seattle and how to survive a trans-Atlantic flight!
- Okanagan Life Magazine is all about the area where Darcy lived for over 20 years. Her main focus was on the Good Neighbour and the In Person features; however, every now and then she’s get to write about one of her passions: music. Plus, their readers of Okanagan Life voted her one of the top three writers in the Valley, twice!
There are literally a dozen or more magazines Darcy has written for over the years. If you would like a more complete list, drop her a line.
While Darcy now calls Victoria home, she has a second home in the Okanagan where she goes to write and reconnect with all her family and friends.