THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE YOU ARRIVE
- You are responsible for your own meals on Friday night (there is wine and appetizers like cheese and veggies so don’t eat too much dinner), Sunday night and lunches on Saturday and Sunday. The Prestige Inn has an onsite restaurant and is right next door to Sooke Harbour Resort and Marina. It’s a five minute drive into the town of Sooke where you’ll find restaurants and grocery stores.
- Feel free to bring or buy your own food and snacks as each unit is equipped with a full kitchen.
- Dress in layers. This is the west coast of Vancouver Island. Weather is changeable and could be warm and sunny one minute and raining and cold the next. You’ll more than likely experience the phenomenon of the Sooke Harbour Fog. Bring rain gear, just in case!
- Many of your fellow writers will be going on the ocean wildlife tour on Saturday afternoon. You are not obligated to go. You can book a fishing charter if you like, or rent a SUP, bicycle or kayak right on site!
- There is parking available on site.
- It is approximately a one hour drive from the Victoria Airport/Ferry to the Sooke Harbour Marina and Resort.
- There are buses that will take you from the ferry and the airport out to Sooke. It is about a 2 hour and 30 minute adventure. Use the BC Transit trip planner to find your best route. Enter YYJ or Swartz Bay Terminal as your start point and Sooke Harbour Resort and Marina as your end point.
- Should you need transportation from the airport, and are arriving before 1 pm on the Friday, we may be able to arrange it for a fee.
- Bring your laptop or pen and notepads.
- All accommodation is shared accommodation in a suite or townhouse; however, you will have your own private room with access to shared kitchen and living room space. Should you prefer a private townhouse, let us know and we will arrange it for you. Costs will be slightly higher.